Resident Permit Application Procedures for Foreign Students
A. Application Documents
1. Passport with current visa
2. Registration Form of Temporary Residence in China
3. Visa or Residence Permit application form with hosting school’s seal
4. A recent 2-inch photo with white or light blue background
5. Original Health Certificate from the Chinese Quarantine Office for foreign citizens 18 and over, needed only for first-time application as foreign student for Resident Permit
6. “Admission Confirmation” by the enrolling school together with JW201 or JW202 form for foreign citizens who have entered China on an L or F visa.
Photocopies and originals of the above listed documents are required.
Those who originally had Chinese citizenship but now have a foreign passport need to cancel their Chinese ID and household registration beforehand.
B. Term of Validity
Term of validity for Resident Permit is granted in accordance with the duration of study in China, to be determined on the basis of final decision by the school in case of discrepancy between that specified in the Admission Confirmation and an earlier school letter.
C. Time for Approval
Approval will be granted upon submission of requisite documents in 5 workdays, which does not include Saturday the day when applications are collected.